While the medical system continues to be of great value to our society, it has not been designed to deal with emotional stresses, spiritual problems, environmental pollutants, immune system challenges, poor digestion, overworked glands and organs, poor and imbalanced diets, chronic fatigue, elimination problems, diets of commercialized ‘food stuffs’, nutritional deficiencies, and conditions of toxicity. Henceforth, the ‘old’ methods of natural healing, known as naturopathy, are taking on new emphasis. Naturopathy is based upon a belief in the body’s innate God-bestowed natural ability to heal itself when given an appropriate internal and external healing environment. Naturopaths are not involved in the practice of medicine and do not use drugs or pharmaceuticals, nor do they perform surgery. Biblical naturopathy is a distinct system of non-invasive healthcare and health assessment with dependence being placed upon education, counseling, Biblical modalities, and the use of God-given natural substances to help stimulate and maintain the individual’s intrinsic self-healing processes. In reality, traditional naturopathy is based on Biblical principles and deals with wellness and relief from conditions that are the result of stress, whether from spiritual, mental, nutritional, environmental, or physical factors.
1. The God of the Bible is the healer, and He desires for all people to be in health
2. That God uses the natural and the supernatural to restore health
3. That the body has a God-given innate ability to heal itself and will do so when properly supported
4. That mankind was formed out of the dust of the earth and is therefore inherently connected to the land (nature)
5. That God formed man in His image (body, soul, spirit) and that health is a function of these three inter-functioning facets
6. That our bodies are meant to be the temples of the Holy Spirit to be nurtured and protected for His service
7. That it is the professional responsibility of the practitioner to minister wholeness of body, soul, and spirit rather than treat symptoms
Naturopathic Biblical doctors are trained specialists in a separate and distinct healing art that operates according to Biblical principles. They use non-invasive natural and spiritual modalities such as food-stuffs, herbs, and prayer. They are not orthodox medical doctors (M.D.s). Biblical Naturopathic doctors (B.N.D.s) have participated in a specialized course of study in conventional naturopathic subjects such as anatomy, physiology, counseling, dietary evaluations, nutrition, herbology, acupressure, homeopathy, iridology, sclerology, detoxification, and oxygen therapy.
In addition, they have training in prayer, laying on of hands, anointing with oil, inner healing, and the removal of demonic influences. Biblical Naturopathic doctors cooperate with all branches of medical science, referring individuals to a physician or other practitioner as appropriate. In practice, Biblical Naturopaths utilize Godly, natural, and God revealed science-based evaluative procedures to develop an individualized protocol for individuals seeking improvement and restoration of health and wholeness.
Biblical Naturopaths do not diagnose or label people with the names of medical diseases, nor are they involved in the practice of medical procedures. Neither do they use pharmaceutical drugs, nor do they perform surgery. In essence, they are drugless practitioners trained in Biblical principles for the purpose of ministering to the whole person: spirit, soul, and body.