Certification, licensure, and ordination are ministry credentials, which must be renewed annually. The Licensed Minister, Ordained Minister, Certified Biblical Health Coach, Certified Biblical Nutritionist, and Licensed Professional Naturopathic Minister programs are maintained with a yearly renewal fee or by completing an additional class from LTI.
Some states require a secular license to work in specific service areas or vocations. Although LTI offers licensure, the credentials may be used for vocational purposes. The programs of study at Life Training Institute are not designed to meet the requirement of any particular state where a license is required. Life Training Institute carries a 501c3 non-profit status as a religious organization.
The status of a ministerial application will be determined within two to four weeks of LTI receiving all requested information. If you are not accepted for licensure or ordination for the Licensed Minister, Ordained Minister, or Licensed Professional Naturopathic Minister program, you may opt for another program. The requirements for licensure are straight forward and are listed on the Licensure Application.
Requirements for Ministerial Licensure and Ordination:
- I have been a born-again Christian for at least seven years.
- I have at least three years of ministry service from a combination of fulfilling the following roles: Bible teach, preacher, evangelist, missionary, chaplain, music/worship leader, small group leader/pastor or Christian counselor.
- I am not living in blatant unrepentant sin.
- I am not currently going through a divorce, bankruptcy, nor do I have a drug problem or drinking problem.
- I maintain a regular time of prayer and Bible reading/study.
- I know how to lead someone into a born-again experience with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- I will disclose any information that may adversely affect my approval for application.
- If requested, I am willing to have a background check conducted.
- I will hold Life Training Institute and its Board of Directors harmless, without fault, and without cost or damage in the event of any lawsuit or legal matter.
- I am a faithful member to a local Bible believing Christian church.
- I agree to uphold federal law and the laws of the state in which I reside.
- I agree to take heed to the ministry by maintaining holiness unto the Lord according to scripture and Biblical pattern.
- I understand that if it is determined that I have falsified information on this application that my license or ordination becomes void.
- Submit a typed resume/essay providing:
a. At what age were you born again
b. Ministry experience, educational history, and occupational history
c. Your current church and pastor’s name, address, and phone number
- Submit the name and contact information of three ministers that have known you for at least three years.